For your family’s safety, it’s important to maintain your home. Additionally, it can help you maintain your home’s high value and extend the duration of your house.
Our list of WINTER HOME MAINTENANCE ITEMS TO KEEP UP WITH includes:
- Hire a professional to examine your roof for storm damage so that you can determine whether it needs to be repaired.
- Hire a professional to examine your downspouts and gutters for storm damage so you can determine whether they need to be repaired.
- Vacuum Bathroom Exhaust Fans: This is a maintenance task that frequently goes unnoticed, but it is a good idea to vacuum the dust and debris from your bathroom exhaust fans a few times a year.
- Condenser coils should be vacuumed and drip trays in the refrigerator should be cleaned. If you are unsure how to accomplish this, seek assistance from a professional service.
- Maintaining clean showerheads and faucet aerators will help you get the most out of your showerheads’ and faucets’ water pressure.
- Dishwasher Maintenance: Deep clean your dishwasher a few times a year.
- Check your fire extinguishers to make sure they are functional and not past their expiration date in case of a fire.
- GFI Outlet Testing: If you’re unsure of how to test your outlets, you can ask a licensed electrician for help. They will be able to guide you.
- Check the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are functioning correctly about every three months.
- Run a Test to Test Your Sprinkler System: The manufacturer should be able to assist you through the process if you’re unsure of how to text your sprinkler system.
If you want to keep your house in good condition and looking wonderful, you must perform regular maintenance. Wintertime is a time to be indoors, dry, and comfortable… Complete these home maintenance tasks this winter to preserve your house while enhancing its security and comfort.
Find out more about Home Maintenance Advice for Portland Homeowners.
To assist you in creating your new custom house, we would love to meet with you.
Click the button below to schedule your free consultation or to learn more about our building services.
We hope to hear from you!